Monday, July 04, 2011

FIREWORKS!

Nota Bene: Cartography and flag-making are not among my many strong points,
so this image is inaccurate on multiple counts.

Ah, the Fourth of July. That great day when Americans celebrate their country's great history - with STUFF BLOWING UP!


Yeah, I'm not so good at drawing fireworks. Here are some real ones:


See, Gandalf knows how it's done!


So do Gred and Forge.

Me, I don't know very much about fireworks. I don't know how they work. I don't know why we use them to celebrate the Fourth of July. I just sit there and go "Pretty colours... Pretty lights." It's fun.

I went to see  some last night and, while not up to Gandalf's standards, they were awesome. This morning I went to see a parade. It was pretty clear that my younger brother was mostly in it for the candy thrown by the paraders, and he wanted to get as much as he could. Me, I don't just grab all the candy I can see like he does. I just picked up all the tootsie rolls I could find - the only candy they throw that's worth bothering with.

Tonight I'm going to watch MOAR fireworks. Life is good.

Anyway. Happy Fourth of July, all. Have fun. Don't blow up. Spontaneous human combustion may have a pretty name, but it sure ain't pretty.

Don't end up like this pair:

4 comments:

  1. LOL! You know what's funny? My dad took me and my sisters to see a fireworks display in town, and me and Jordan (my sister) actually discussed how it'd be awesome if the town had some Gandalf fireworks, or perhaps some ordered from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Hehehe! Great minds think alike, right? ;D

    Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! The picture at the end cracked me up. :P Lord of the Rings is so amazing. :) So are Gandalf's fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee! I love your cartography and flag-making and thingsblowinguping! I haven't been to your blog in much too long. I'm so spoiled having all this awesomeness to come back to at once. I might OD on laughaliciousness.

    ReplyDelete