Friday, December 02, 2011

i wrote a poem for you


I wrote a poem today, and now I'm going to post it here for Poetry Friday, because I just thought maybe it would be nice if I shared it with you lot. I wrote it during science class, actually, and if you tell my teacher that I will track you down and dismember you. 

Angels
by ZNZ

Angels, I am learning,
are everywhere,
even in the mundane.
Even in the ordinary,
I know they are here.

Especially in my Geometry notes, where
the sum of the angels of a triangle 
is always 360 degrees, and
opposite angels are equal, and
complementary angels equal 90 degrees, and even
supplementary angels equal 180 degrees. 

Gabriel looks up at me
from my sheet of graph paper,
all ninety degrees of him,
knowing he is in the right.
He rolls his eyes
at Michael's
obtuseness - and he is
anything but
complimentary.

...
So, yes. I'm in Algebra currently, actually, but last year Geometry was one of my favourite classes, and, yes, there were lots of angels in my notes. But then, angles figured prominently in my Bible notes. I thought of this today because I was taking notes on atomic structure and accidentally wrote angel.

Is it just me, or have "angel" and "angle" stopped looking like words entirely?

...
Ooh, look, a roundup!