Tuesday, November 29, 2011

this was a triumph

FRENCH THE LLAMA I WON NANOWRIMO I WON I WON I WON FIFTY THOUSAND AND THIRTY FOUR WORDS OH YEAH THIS IS AWESOME I WROTE A BOOK GUYS OH MY GOODNESS I WROTE A BOOK! GUYS! I WROTE A BOOK!

I mean, let's be honest, the book isn't finished, and it's not very good. As novels go? Pretty rubbish, guys. Not a masterpiece by any stretch. This thing is rife with plotholes. Rife. It's probably more hole than plot by this point. It doesn't fit together properly. It's awkward and ungainly and just plain odd.

But it's fifty thousand words long, and for now everything else is secondary.


 
this was a triumph

i finished my novel

huge success

it’s hard to overstate my satisfaction
i’ve done nanowrimo

i’ve written a book because i can

fifty thousand words this month

except the ones who have failed

but there’s no sense crying over spelling mistakes

now it’s time to edit this will be a headache

though the novel draft is done

don’t want to read it

won’t be fun

but at least i’m still alive