Tuesday, June 21, 2011

750 Words

I am a writer.

Ergo, I write.

(So far, so logical. I'm doing well!)


And I want to write every day.

What's hard is getting the motivation and the self-control to do that, all the time, no matter what, whether you feel like it and have ideas or not. That bit is really hard. NaNoWriMo helps. Script Frenzy helps.

Now, I've found another website that helps. It's called 750 Words, and the idea is to write 750 words every day. There's a dreadfully complicated point system, and you can get badges with birds on them!

It turns out I am a penguin with a blue beak and a snazzy bowtie. 
This all serves to motivate me very much. It helps me to write every day. It's fun.

I use it mostly for journalling, writing down whatever inane thing goes through my head, though sometimes I write out plans for any of the stories I'm working on, or how exactly those epic werewolves work. The site is very motivating and very fun.

Another thing it does is analyse your writing, and I'm not quite so sure about that. It tells you what emotion you're feeling - apparently I'm a very affectionate person, which I'm not - and what you're concerned about - Death, apparently, which I don't think I am. That's funny, though, and fun to look at.

It also rates your writing. For several days in a row I was rated PG-13 for either violence or sexual content or both, which was odd because I didn't talk about either one. Then I looked through it and realised that whenever you use the word "love" it counts that as sexual content, even if you're talking about Neil Gaiman books or pie or your family.

All in all, this is a really cool website, and I highly recommend checking it out.

And I'm off to write today's words.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so I just joined this site, and I officially adore it. Thanks so, so much for introducing me! I think it will be fabulous.

    (Your /blog/ is fabulous, by the way. You make me giggle. And that's a good thing. ^.^)

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. 750 words sounds cool, thanks for letting me know. And I really do find your site adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting website! I like the feature that tells what you're thinking about, etc. Hehe. I'd probably get a kick out of that. Plus the rating, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about this! I just joined, and I find it to be very awesome. Finally I'll be able to get the motivation I need to write every day. It's really a dream come true. :)

    ~Leaf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of this site before and I joined it a while ago. I wrote on it once. O.o
    Although, since I'm not doing much writing, I think I may start again and attempt to stick with it.

    ~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing 750 Words too, even though I'm only on the third day of writing. It's really useful, and will help me to keep writing through the summer and into NaNoWriMo.
    Also, your site is simply adorable. :)

    ~Ema

    ReplyDelete