I don't know how I've missed this so long. I apparently totally do not have my finger on the pulse of the book world. But somebody on NaNoWriMo posted about it (thanks, Lady_Warrior!). I googled it, and apparently it's true. Yes, folks, Paolini's latest is coming out on November eighth. The announcement came complete with a rather uncreative title (Inheritance) and a cover with a picture of a slightly seasick looking dragon. I plan on reading this book, because it's no fun to mock something you haven't read. Also I confess I am rooting for Galby. But in the meantime, have a fake review featuring my predictions and opinions! (Um. Eragon Fans. You might not want to read what follows. You have been warned.)
![]() |
| Don't you think he looks seasick? |
In Paolini's latest classic, Inheritance: The Story of Gary Stu and the Seasick Dragon of Doom, the incredibly skilled and handsome and SUPER SPESHUL Gary encounters arrogant elves, commits murder and torture in cold blood, teams up with a terrorist organisation to fight a good if mildly ineffectual king, and ends up with a beautiful hundred-year-old elf girl who should totally have known better, all with the help of his trusty dragon. When asked about this book, Paolini said, "Yeah, it's totally better than Tolkien or any of those old guys. I think the best part of my book is the ten thousand words I spend describing Gary's shoelace, but I also really love the bits where I take totally better fantasy novels and plagarise them to death. Also all the lyrical and beautiful parts... well what do you know! I just said that I liked the whole thing! Plus, Gary totally isn't like me because he lives in a fantasy world and I don't. Sure wish I was him, though!" While some readers might be put off by the length - a whopping fifty-thousand pages - we ask all to take pity on it because this author was fifteen when he began writing the first one, and it's utterly amazing that a fifteen-year-old boy could even write at all.
(What would appear on the back cover: "...incredibly skilled... beautiful... utterly amazing...")
***
Also! People who follow me and leave lovely comments! I love you guys! Except it's kind of creepy to find oneself being followed by people one has never heard of! And one gets like this: "They're stalking me. I swear they're stalking me. They're out to get me. This must be what Lemony Snicket feels like all the time. Maybe I should go into hiding." But it makes me feel happiful nevertheless! So don't stop!

Hey, ZNZ...it's Pherisphena Ladea from NaNo and Kirsten's blog. This post was hilarious! I have never even read Eragon, but I can tell you I totally agree! ;)
ReplyDeleteHey!! I happen to the inheritance cycly and have been waiting FOREVER to read the final book!
ReplyDeleteXD ZNZ! Remember what I said about that silly prophecy girl?
ReplyDeleteWow, ZNZ. xD I was mentioned on your blog and I never knew! Also, I'm totally not stalking you. Promise. You just have a natural talent for keeping blogs. (And you probably won't see this...since it's like four months late...LOL.)
ReplyDeleteI would like to belatedly comment on this post to remark that:
ReplyDeletea) This post made me laugh aloud, multiple times,
b) I am not a stalker, unless you are too, because you followed my blog out of the blue first and so there. :|
c) your blog is fantastic. :D I loves it. Consider whisper the spy a happy new follower. :)
-whisper