I decided not to contend that yes, cheating is right, because I didn't think I could get a good grade that way, and I also didn't think I could find enough Bible verses. (I got stuck after Ephesians 4:28: "To him that stealeth, steal. No more let him labour with his hands.")
When I was looking for sources for my paper in the library, while I found no books on cheating, my search was not entirely fruitless. I did find: The Cartoon Guide to Physics, by Larry Gonick. Physics! In cartoons! I've begun reading it, and so far it lives up to the awesomeness of the premise.
And: 900 Years of English Costume, by Nancy Bradfield. asdfghklad ag[hio[h b[biahq ohmygoodness squee I can read about Victorian fashion! AND IT HAS LOTS OF PICTURES!Also, I have discovered that Nikola Tesla was born in 1856. The full ramifications of this shall be revealed soon. *mysterious grin*
Oh, and I've learned how to make footnotes without asterisks, and without tiresome scrolling for my blog readers!1
And this week, I finished reading The Sign of the Four, by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's a Sherlock Holmes story and a[oh[ap4oih]4awy[08 ad[io THE ENDING oh my goodness ALL THE WARM FUZZIES I HAVE THEM ALL OF THEM OH MY GOODNESS WATSON HE'S SO SWEET!
Next awesome thing: Doctor Who. That is all. Well, no, it's not. A while ago I feel madly in love with this show, due to seeing part of "The Eleventh Hour" on The Tubes of You. I came to the conclusion that it was THE BEST THING EVER. I was more than right. It developed that Mum had already put Doctor Who on our Netflix list, and so, because of reasons, I've begun watching this show with the very first episodes. Which are vaguely intimidating, because, y'know, black and white and stuffs - totes frightening. Also, apparently it will take me the rest of my natural life span to catch up. Anyway, I've come to the conclusions that Susan is rather pathetic (Ooh, flower! *shrieks* *staggers about* *falls over* *threatens Ian with scissors*), Barbara and Ian are awesome, and The Doctor is AWESOMEEEE!~~Anyway, over the weekend we got to see "The Edge of Destruction." It was awesome, though Susan continues to infuriate. Mum thinks that the show is "the dumbest thing ever" and "typical BBC2." Dad doesn't think much of it either. The Brother is as smitten as I am.
Oh, and Neil Gaiman are genius. I just... yeah. New favourite short story. So so so so so so very very brilliant, so so so so so very very chilling. That ending. I can't even. THERE ARE NO WORDS. And the writing is as close to perfection as Gaimanly possible3. Go read it NAO. Also it won a Hugo.
Other awesomeness: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. ShutupshutupSHUTUP. Thanks to Kirsten, I've seen the first two episodes, and I genuinely enjoyed them. I can relate to the main character who is admittedly a purple pony named Twilight Sparkle, but who is also distressingly like me ('cos at first she's all "No! No making friends! I'mma study!" And Pinkie Pie is... *shakes head* Evidently, further study is required. *opens YouTube tab*
Also, unrelated, here is a video about steampunk. *faints from gorgeousness*
Some rather brilliant person has drawn an excellent illustration of 221B Baker Street. I get the feeling this will prove an invaluable resource; I've never been good at imagining in my head what places look like. I've already printed it out and clipped it to the magical clipboard of awesome.
Yes, I have a clipboard. Be jealous.
1.Dude, isn't this awesome? There are no limits to the things I can do with html. Speaking of which, have you noticed that the blog has drop-down menus these days?↩
2."Low budget."↩
3.Because I swear Gaiman's not human. He's like a vampire or something. Or a cat. He's like a superpowered vampire cat with awesome powers of writing. And he doesn't sparkle, because that would be disturbing. Not that he's not already disturbing (because he is, like, the most disturbing person evar), but you know what I mean.↩

You know, Larry Gonick writes the cartoons for Muse. They're just as amazing. I really do think you'd love it. It has articles on Wordle, LotR, fairy tales, giant squids, 1800s dueling, tenrecs...
ReplyDeleteAnyway... You gave specific LINKS? To Doctor Who (well, a tiny bit of an episode) and MLP:FIM? So I can no longer use not feeling like looking for them as an excuse? Drat. What if I like them?
See, I had this thing where I didn't watch anything for several years and was very proud of it. Then my brother started recording NatGeo shows that were so awesome I had to join him sometimes. And now... now there's a serious chance that in a few days I'm going to be obsessed with shows about purple ponies named Twilight Sparkle. SAY IT ISN'T SO.