I've just recently learned about Beautiful People. Apparently, once a month, two bloggers, Sky and Georgie, post a list of questions for people to answer about their characters. I've seen people posting some epic answers, and it sounded like fun to me, so here goes. (The questions for this month can be found here.)
Meet Kiera Laing. She's a seventeen-year-old* air mage currently attending a university of magecraft, and she's one of my favourite of my characters. She's a rather odd girl who occasionally seems to be living in another world. A bit like Luna Lovegood, in a way.
And just like Luna, she's an absolutely lovely person.
Thank you! Who's Luna Lovegood? (That, and everything else that's italicised, is Kiera talking.)
She's blond and blue-eyed, she wears blue clothing, and she usually looks rather windswept. I made a picture of her using this, and while it's fairly close, I couldn't get it exactly right. Oh well. There it is anyway.
I don't think she has (m)any secrets, but I don't really know, to be honest. Kiera?
If I told my secret, it would lose its secret status. Therefore, paradoxically, if I answered this question, the very act of answering would mean that I had no answer. For that reason, I'm not telling.
2. Has he/she ever been in love?
Not as yet. I have a little romance planned out for her, though... *winks mysteriously*
Ooh, whom with?
My lips are sealed.
Is it Xander?
I'm not going to answer that. Yes.
He's quite wonderful, isn't he?
Oh yes.
3. What is his/her comfort food?
I quite enjoy all kinds of fruits. And I like to drink cold water.
4. Does he/she play a musical instrument? If so, what?
She doesn't. If she did, she'd probably play a woodwind.
5. What color are his/her eyes? Hair?
...When I answered that above I didn't realise this was one of the questions, honest. I'll say it again: She has blue eyes, and her hair is blond.
6. Does he/she have any pets?
No. I'm not sure if the university allows pets, to be honest.
Ro has Bubble.
Who's Bubble?
He's the dearest, darlingest little dragon. Ro made him out of water, so he's wet and you can see through him, but he's still solid. He breathes bubbles isntead of fire, and he's the sweetest thing.
...Oh. *makes note* Ro isn't a student, though. And you ought to call him Professor Damon. Even Rowan would be more acceptable than Ro.
Ro is a nicer name, though. You call him Ro.
I created him. I can call him what I want.
And I'd like to talk to you sometime about that. I find the metaphysics utterly fascinating. Speaking of which, aren't bats excellent animals?
7. Where is his/her favorite place to be?
Places high up. I like to climb as high as I can go. Hills and mountains, especially, but sometimes I climb trees or to the roofs of buildings. And I like the university library. Lots of lovely books, and the windows are nice and big.
8. What are some of his/her dreams or goals?
Last night I dreamed I was being chased by a giant carrot. Then I started flying and I can't remember what happened next but I think there was a spider. Oh, and you were in it.
Me?
You were riding a dragon and you tried to kill me.
9. Does he/she enjoy sports?
No.
No.
10. What is his/her favorite flower or plant?
I love all kinds of plants. I could never pick just one.
*Confession time: before now, I hadn't decided her age. I felt the need to list one, so I pulled a number out of the air.


I laughed at Kiera's off-the-wall answers. She sounds...well, like a blonde genius. Like the kind of person who, if told to find the corner in a round room, wouldn't get the joke but would somehow find that corner.
ReplyDeleteThank you! That's a very good description of her, by the way - do you mind if I use it?
ReplyDeleteHaha, Kiera is EPIC! Luna is one of my favorite characters, it's great that you've created your own Luna. ;) This was fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGo right ahead! I'm glad it fit. It's always so hard describing other people's characters, but that was the impression I got.
ReplyDeleteI adore this character already! When will her story hit the shelves?? :D
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys. :D
ReplyDelete@Olivia: Probably around... never.