Book 82 was Flatland, by Edwin Abbot Abbot. (I do not know why Edwin has two last names. Do not ask me why Edwin has two last names, because I will not be able to tell you.) I read it on my Kindle, and because it's in the public domain (read: old), I was able to do so for free. (I ♥ Project Gutenberg so much!) Anyway, Flatland is about a square, who lives in Flatland, the second dimension. When a sphere comes and visits him, he learns that there are other dimensions. I really enjoyed this book, though it felt a little sexist for my tastes. Another problem had nothing to do with the book itself: on my Kindle, the illustrations didn't show. Usually pictures work fine, but this didn't have them. It tried to show them with an "ASCII approximation," but this approximation was just a whole lot of lines and slashes that just didn't make any sense whatsover. Sad face.Six Words: There's more than the second dimension!
Book 83 was Maskerade, (no that's not a misspelling, I know what I'm doing, thanks) by Terry Pratchett. It was a Discworld book, which basically means that I know before opening it that I'm going to love it. I loved this one. It's about opera, and witches, and murder, and a Ghost. I love Agnes Nitt/Perdita X Dream. Granny and Nanny were as wonderful as they always are, which is very. Terry Pratchett's books are so full of wonderfulness, that sometimes, either because of a wonderful line, or a character that I love showing up (like, in this one, the Librarian), I'll just sit up and SQUEEEEEEEEEEE.
And then I'll lie back down and commence reading again as though nothing's happened.
Six Words: The show must always go on.
Book 84 was the reason for the title of this post: To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. This book is awesome. I think Scout is a great character. I love the story (even though it's so. incredibly. sad.) But my main reason for loving it was loving Atticus. Atticus is incredibly, incredibly awesome. The whole time. And that is all. Six Words: Black man falsely accused; Atticus defends.


Actually 2 of them. One is by the author of The Science Of Discworld.
ReplyDelete@Ima: Come again?
ReplyDelete