Friday, November 18, 2011

writing = kittens = good

You've all heard of Write or Die, right? You almost certainly have if you're a writer/NaNoer. The crazy website that punishes you if you don't write? Yeah. (Evil Kamikaze mode has been known to save my life.) I have discovered its polar opposite - which is, oddly, even more effective. It's called Written? Kitten! and every hundred (this can be changed to every 200, 500, or 1,000, but I use 100) words it gives you a new picture of a kitten. Yes. "We like positive reinforcement, so we decided to make something a bit like Write or Die but cuter and fuzzier." - W? K!'s about page.

This is why I now have 30,000 words and am finally caught up again. This is why I have written my ending! I mean, I haven't actually gotten that far in the story, but I wrote the ending, which features an evil vampire king. (yes. evil vampire king. post on that is in the works.) I am thoroughly pleased with it. (In other news, an airship being piloted by Irene Adler exploded. Also, pigeons. The pigeons didn't explode, btw; I apologise for any inadvertent ambiguity.)

Also, writing steampunk while listening to music like this is the best thing.