Because nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. We don't have to be like, "Oh yeah, that purse is okay," or like, "Yeah, I like that band's early stuff." Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can't-control-yourself-love it. Hank, when people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, "You like stuff," which is just not a good insult at all, like "You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness."(John Green, in the video Harry Potter Nerds Win At Life)
(John's got lots of awesome quotes, BTW, but I just poked through the Wikiquote page on him and chose the one I liked best from there. :D )
I'm a nerdfighter now. S'awesome. Basically, there's this guy, John. He writes YA books, none of which I have read. He and his brother, Hank, have a vlog. They are the Vlogbrothers, and they make epic nerdy awesome hilarious videos about epic nerdy awesome hilarious things and their fans are called nerdfighters. Basically.
I have to go to bed now, and if I try to find more stuff to link you to I won't ever sleep, so go watch that video I linked to. Or, if you're not a Harry Potter fan, just go here and poke around and click on some videos and you'll be addicted in five minutes, on my honour, or may I be chopped up and made into soup.
DFTBA (don't forget to be awesome), and I'll see you tomorrow.

NERDFIGHTER GANG SIGN!!
ReplyDeleteYeah. So no Nerdfighters shoot me on my way home.
Yayayay! Another nerdfighter! I myself have been working through the videos from 2007 all the way to the present and I'm almost there... Needless to say I am a nerdfighter as well (and only know three nerdfighters in real life), so I welcome you to the wonderful world of nerdfighting.
ReplyDeleteDFTBA,
Leaf
FRENCH THE LLAMA YOU'RE A NERDFIGHTER. I love that. That's freaking awesome. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the club. It is a very nice club. We like to be enthusiastic about stuff, listen to nerdy music, obsess over things and generally be awesome. DFTBA, fellow nerdfighter, DFTBA.
ReplyDelete